Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I Need A Car To Get To Work"

Now first off don't get me wrong - having a car is great! I have been through both experiences of having a car and not having a car - and having a car is the better of the two!

However with all the jobs that I have had I would say that a good 20% of them warrented me having a car. These jobs were mostly my radio jobs where the radio stations were located so far away!

The rest of the jobs that I have had I could get to on the bus using public transportation. (Now that I work from home my "commute" is even smaller).

I keep seeing people posting about how they need a car to get to work and I'm wondering if that is necessarily so. I do grant research so I know that there are some programs out there to help people get a car but in order to qualify to apply for these grant programs you have to meet certain requirements.

I also do know that there are some jobs whose location is so abnormal that having a car is a necessity.

But while having a car is a great thing do you REALLY need it to get to work? Can you use public transportation? And what about when your car breaks down - how are you going to get to work then?

No comments: