Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Don't Have A Bank Account

If you don't have a bank account - don't worry because you are not alone! I remember a time long ago when I had to close my savings account because they were just taking out too much money in fees. It would have got to the point where I would owe THEM money - so I had to close the account.

I do know that there are at least a few banks that let you open a checking account with a minimum deposit. There are no minimums (as long as your balance isn't negative) as to how much money you can have in your checking account. If you can manage it please try to have a bank account - at least a checking account. Manage to save from at least $50 so that you can open a checking account. While you have to be careful that you don't have a negative balance in your account if you can keep that balance above 0 try to at least keep it that way.

I have to tell you that I have talked to a few bank tellers in my time and what gets me is that I actually talked to a woman bank teller who told me that she didn't even have a bank account. I thought that was strange when she told me but I have since come to realize that just because you work at a bank doesn't mean that you are rich.

No comments: