Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Auto Insurance - A Necessary Evil!

Of course I got another spam email and this time it was about auto insurance. Having auto insurance is a necessary evil but I don't think that I would go online to get it. I feel much comfortable being face to face with the insurance agent. I'm sure that not everybody feels this way because I'm sure that there are people who have bought their auto insurance online.

Maybe the procedure is not the same in every state but in my state you can't choose your initial auto insurance carrier. You can only choose them if you already have a policy in place.

I know its tempting to just go without having the insurance but if you get caught you will have to pay much more than the cost of insurance. I know some people get away with it but once when my auto insurance lapsed I got a notice from the DMV - how did they know? Well anyway if you get that notice from the DMV then you will be in trouble. If you have proof of current insurance coverage then it is alright and you shouldn't have to worry.

Like I said I know it can be tempting to go without it but I do know of a person who got his car towed away. He didn't have insurance, license and all that and when he went to claim the car it cost so much to get it that he ended up leaving it there.

I know its another added expense to your list of expenses but like I said it is a necessary evil so you don't want to get caught without having it.

No comments: